Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Results are In...



My dear friend Allison posted this FREE Ennegram App today on Facebook--score! Long ago, we spent many hours talking about the meanings of the different personality types and became really excited for this diametric. So, needless to say, when she posted her picture I had to post one too. 

When I first heard of the Enneagram, I quickly realized that I was a nine because of my tendencies to avoid conflict, seek peace, and easily withdraw. As I read more about being a nine, there have been multiple realizations and opportunities to recognize my own internal patterns. So far, despite my egos objections, the reports have been pretty spot on. I was thankful, taking the test for the first time, to have my own nine tendencies confirmed. This is especially due to many people saying I do not appear like a nine. My bold and sassy (socialized) persona tricks people occasionally. 

This recent experiment further proves how effective the Enneagram Diametric is in group dynamics. It is helpful to create space for people to learn which number they are and how they interact with others. Once a person is able to own and understand why they do what they do and how they respond, then progress can be made towards strengthening work environments and team building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment